Monday, January 12, 2009

Spending time with Corden

Corden has been asking us to go up to Bogus with him when he goes snow boarding. So, Friday he said if he could stay over night at his friends that on Saturday he would spend the day with us. I thought that we could take him up snowboarding and have a great day up watching the skiiers and snowboarders. Of course he said no he didn't want to do it. We would be bored!! so he didn't want to go. So, our next idea was to go shopping at a second hand store. Mike and I love doing that. Corden agreed. We found Corden some shoes and after that it was all over. He had to get out of there. So, our day together ended up to be a half hour of fun and a half hour of misery for all of us.

He doesn't want a birthday party. So, I asked him if he would invite 3 friends over for dinner. He said it would be alright maybe, I guess. I thought I would fix lazagna and make rolls but I think he wasn't enthusiastic at all. I think he would rather go to a fast food place.

One family home evening I asked if we could think of one thing that we all like to do that we could do together. There are only 3 of us there has to be something. You would think so. We all made a list. We tried to decide. It ended in a fight with Mike saying this is what we are going to do and that's IT! So much for spending time with Corden.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

That's so hard mom! That's hard because since he is the only child left he probably feels like all the focus is on him. We all went through that phase of only wanting to be with our friends. Don't give up!

KLF said...

What happened to the time when our little boys thought we were fun and always wanted to be around? I didn't change. Wasn't that yesterday?

K said...

My parents always planned some kind of family activity involving a LONG drive, and made attendance mandatory. I usually didn't want to go, but afterwards I was glad.