Monday, January 12, 2009

Primary class

Well, I wanted to make one of those roller boxes. I brought the box, dowels, paper and tape. The kids were going to draw and color the pictures and them tape them together and we would watch it on our "TV" when they were done. No one volunteered to draw anything. When I asked them they quickly scribbled out something that I couldn't tell what it was. I couldn't get anyone to draw any animals, so I drew some and asked one of the girls to color it. She scribbled over everything with blue crayon. O.K. I put words on each picture so I could tell what it was suppose to be. We taped them together and put on the show. It was boring to everyone I know because they told me. Only the child that helped me roll the pictures enjoyed it. Of course it was boring those blobs looked like nothing! So, I let the other 2 kids come up to roll the pictures. They couldn't do it. They kept rolling the dowels the wrong way. What a disaster!!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Oh Mom! I'm sorry. Singing time was a disaster for me yesterday too! It's so frustrating when you spend so much time preparing and then the kids aren't interested!

KLF said...

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, the planets don't align properly and they're all crazy. I've taught sharing time some weeks and thought I was teaching a group of strangers, they weren't my kids. Sometimes they're just like that.