Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's day weekend

We traveled to Rexberg on Friday to see Diedre, Brandon and Krew. When we arrived Diedre was just pulling homemade pizza from the oven. We were so hungry and it was really good. Corden got to drive half of the way there and did a great job on the freeway.
The next day Corden and his friend Cameron went to Targhee to snowboard. Mike took them and stayed while they snowboarded. I didn't want to leave. Diedre and I visited and played with Krew. Krew is adorable! He laughs and plays and crawls and is so even tempered. When Brandon got home he insisted that Diedre and I have some time alone. He watched the baby and Diedre and I went to see the temple and walk around a craft store. It was nice! That night was Valentines and Diedre fixed the table so pretty and fixed us a lovely dinner. The boys were tired from snowboarding. Corden was thrilled with Targhee. It has great snow! Dad even bought him a t-shirt from there. We enjoyed having Cameron with us. He was easy to be around and joined in the games and was so appreciative of the trip.

Sunday we went to church. Their ward was very friendly and I got a good baby fix. Everywhere I looked were adorable babies, toddlers and expectant mothers. It was so wonderful! Diedre fixed another wonderful meal after church and we played games and video games. Krew was so adorable and easy to take care of. Diedre and Brandon were so welcoming and loving to us.

Monday Diedre was going to fix German pancakes. I went in to look at the recipee and found out that it was Yorkshire Pudding that I had in England! It is hard to make so I never tried it. Diedre's turned out beautiful. It raised up just like it should and was so good. It was a special treat for me. I took a picture of them but our computer won't upload the pictures.

Mike took us out to lunch and then we went to see the Rexburg museum. It has a special section about the Teton dam collapse of 1976. It was an interesting display. We were impressed by the influence of the church and how much they were able to help. Then, we had to leave. It was hard to go, but we were all glad to have made the trip.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

That sounds soooo fun!! I am so jealous. I wish I could have been there. I miss Diedre and you and dad and Corden and Brandon!!! I would love to visit Rexburg again. I miss it and I haven't even seen the temple yet.

K said...

The guy I home teach calls Oven Puff pancakes Yorkshire pudding, too, and I thought he was off his rocker!