Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bretton returns

Tomorrow around noon Bretton will be arriving in Boise after a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The thought of a returning missionary brings back a flood of memories. Thank you to all family and friends who have been on a mission or have been missionaries. I have faith that our feeble efforts to do the work of the Lord will have an impact. That by small means the Lord is able to do great things. I always wanted Heidi to go on a mission and when her friend came back from his mission he knew how I felt. He said that I should consider him as one of her converts and that because of her, he went on a mission. That her influence has changed his life forever. I am also so thanful for all those who shared the gospel with Kimberly. She is such a joy to me and has a strong testimony. At one time when I was lamenting to myself that my daughters did not go on missions the spirit spoke to me and told me that they were being sent into the mission field with their husbands and there they would accomplish a great work. So, thank you to all and welcome back Bretton.

2 comments:

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Welcome Bretton home for us. I wish we could be there to see him!

Gretchen said...

I can't believe Bretton is home already! Wow! I will go on a mission some day mom!